Thursday, September 18, 2008

Letter from September 14, 2008

Mom & Dad:
I'm scared. I guess it hit me hard yesterday, while we were having a class on mines and IED's, just how real it all is. They've made it very clear to all of us: We are all going to either Iraq or Afganistan. And it's scaring me to death. I don't know what I was thinking when I signed that contract.

There is one thing that's been comforting though. I re-read my patriarchal blessing, and it helps me to know what I should be doing, and that if I do the right things in life, everything will happen according to the Lord's plan. And that if I live faithfully-no matter what happens to me in Iraq or otherwise-we will be together forever. That is the most comforting feeling of all.

I missed church today. Ironically, because I was reading my patriarchal blessing and the formation time for LDS passed by without me realizing it-but it has given me time and a reason to think, to read my scriptures and write this. The Army has really shaken my faith, given me direction and helped to show me what I need to do. I'm going to try my hardest to do it. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

HTML


In Barracks 10-5-08

Grandma Inman and Brad

Grandma Inman and Brad
Thanks for your support Grandma!

Family Photo

Family Photo
The Family at MEPS

Swearing In Day

Swearing In Day
The Swear In