Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Letter from September 29

Mom & Dad:
Things have really been picking up here lately. We just started using our rifles this week, and had intro to pop-up targets today (kind of a pre-pre-qualification). I hit 29 out of 40 targets...I'm not very happy with that, but I have a week and a half to improve before qualification. If I get 40 of 40, I get a 4-6 hour pass, and my cell phone! So I'm gonna work hard.

Yeah, we did the gas chamber. I assume you've been reading up on Basic? Look up Infantry OSUT specifically for better info. I wrote about the gas chamber in another letter, but yeah, it wasn't fun.

The Chaplin came and talked to us today. I guess the pictures should be up soon. Look for a "129" on the fronts of helmets. That's me.

I'm glad to hear Dad's doing well! Is the plan for replacement still the same, or are there any changes? Is he still feeling good after these few days?

Thanks for letting Grandma Hopper know about the chocolates. You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to those.

I actually got a letter from the Seventy as well (I had to do pushups for it)! It was generic stuff though, no real solid information, haha. I know who Bro Funk is! I see him every week!

Well, that's it for now. Time to sleep. Hope to hear from you soon!

I Love You,
-PFC Brad Hopper

No comments:

Followers

HTML


In Barracks 10-5-08

Grandma Inman and Brad

Grandma Inman and Brad
Thanks for your support Grandma!

Family Photo

Family Photo
The Family at MEPS

Swearing In Day

Swearing In Day
The Swear In